Elements and Principles of design- Texture and Pattern


             I used a photo that I took 2 years ago, where there's only one light source and the surrounding area was all black I immediately thought of this photo because I thought I looked Fierce and strong and so, What i did is put a filter mask on it then played around with the textures available and then used a splat brush for the things surrounding me and used a brush for details to write the characters on top that says "Power" because I thought I looked powerful in the photo and then as for the colors, I used pink for the things surrounding me and then a different shade of purple for the characters. 

Elements of Art used: (Color, Texture, line)
Color- I used three colors in this work which are pink, white, and black. I used those colors to bring about that modern aesthetic looks that is used in album covers, posters and etc. I am a fan of dark colors in general I really like using dark colors because it resonates a lot with my personality also. I used black and white in this work to make myself empty, colorless and then used 2 shades of pink to recolor myself and the background and controlled the values so that they won't stand out too much so that I can find decent balance between my colorless self and world and the colors surrounding me. 

Texture- to bring about the polka dot-ish texture i used a filter mask and started to play around with the shapes i can make and the various angles and sizes it can do. I used physical texture in this work the texture I used is the splash texture I controlled it's size to the point where it will create an Illusion of Sakura leaves circling around me and as for the Kanji character on top I merely used a brush for details and set it's size to a hundred so that I can imitate that Japanese ink on Japanese Paper but instead of black I used pink for it.  
 
Line- It's really simple I just used spiral line to create the circling look to me because, I needed it to look like I have this aura around me so what better way to express than using spiral line. 

Principles of Art used: (Emphasis, movement) 

Emphasis- To ensure that I am the emphasis of the photo I controlled the color level of the pink colors and then used a brush with white color at the back of my head and made a glowing effect so that way immediately when someone looks at the photo it'll immediately known that I am the focus. 

Movement- I used a spiraling line for the Sakura leaves around me by doing that it immediately creates an illusion of the movement a spiraling down movement  because of how I did set the direction of the leaves which is in downward movement. 

 

Popular Posts